So today marks 5 years since I officially met my husband. Like I've said a million times - work is too busy so I can't write long so here's the quick recap.
My birthday (holy I'm 28!) was a few days ago. 5 years ago, I was getting ready to go out to celebrate it with some girlfriends. Well the accountant in me, always trying to save money, decided to have a few drinks, alone at my apartment waiting for my girlfriend. While waiting alone - I browsed around myspace (remember that thing? facebook is much better in my opinion) and you could search by zip code. Where I lived in Florida - there was about 35 different zip codes because the city was so big so I picked mine. Well Dave happened to live on the next street over (this isnt' small town run through the woods - it's huge streets with a few miles between them to get to the next street running parallel). Anyway I saw his picture - he was cute and he said where he was from in NY and he liked the Red Sox. Well - where he went to high school was in the same town my cousins went to school. So I sent him a message, saying how I see he's new to town and blah blah. I went out, drank a lot and came home.
He was working that night so when he got home in the morning he saw the message. He responded back. We ended up 'messaging' each other back and forth. He asked if I wanted to watch a sox game with him. I said sure - except the season started in a few months. So he asked if I wanted to do dinner sooner than baseball season. I made it clear I didnt want a relationship but sure. I was scared to death - told a bunch of people where I would be and the times. Showed them pictures of him and one of the pictures had his truck so I showed them that - all in case the cops needed to be called :) Hey you've got to be prepared! There are crazies out there! So we met at Outback on a Thursday night. I was talking to my sister and I saw him pull in and told her his clothes and such again for the police. He was very nice, pleasant and we went inside. Dinner was very enjoyable and we didnt want it to end but we had to leave. So we went to an Applebees for 'drinks.' Umm - if you or he thought I was giong to have more than 1 that night you've got another thing coming. I couldn't be sloppy and not make it home or have him drive me because he wasn't going to know where I lived. Needless to say it was a great time, we laughed and had fun. At the end of the night I let him take my number - I refuse to call boys, if they are interested they will call me - and he called the next day. We went out that night (a Friday), I ran in a race on Saturday, and from there it's history. We were together almost non-stop.
So far I guess myspace ranks high up on my list - although I believe if it was meant to be we would have met anyway ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment