Thursday, February 17, 2011

DVR breakdown!

I am not a tvacholic (nice new word if I don't say so myself!) but I do love TV.  In the summer I am not 'allowed' to watch tv before 8 pm - just a rule I have.  It's too nice to waste it on tv and theres always something you can find to do at the house, usually some kind of picking up or cleaning! But, since it is winter I try to not let it be before 730 - sometimes I slip (or if Dave is working and I eat dinner in the living room I will watch good ol' Oprah or one of my other classy shows he won't watch with me (ahem - 90210, the duggars, pretty little liars - u know those type of shows!) but after the show is over, tv off and time to do something else until the 'official tv start time.'  As a side note - if I'm in the middle of something I don't stop just to watch tv, I mean I love tv but not THAT much!

Anyway - we, like most of the world it seems now, have dvr.  Greatest invention in terms of the tv if you ask me.  I set the dvr for a ridiculous amount of shows (like 10 a week or so) and this time of the year it's a huge tv time so this was a busy week (umm survivor started!).   Well the dvr has been acting up.  Monday - 90210 erased.  Tuesday I watched biggest loser - fell asleep so went to watch it Wed night - gone.  Then last night we started survivor late tos kip commercials - just stopped and erased when show was over in real time, AI - same thing at 10.  Oh yea and we taped modern family, Dave's favorite show and it was just gone.  I was not very happy!!!

He called the cable company this am and they have already come and given us a new box and we get a credit on our account.  Now it can't give us back our shows but at least it's something.  Oh man I just thought of this though - my hallmark/lifetime movies I had saved on there for a rainy day are gone with it :(.  Looks like I'll be finding new ones this weekend to tape! It's a good thing for online tv shows! Hopefully I can find them all at some point!  Well 90210 and survivor - the rest it's not a big deal :)

I think thats enough of a bad trait of mine for the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment