Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Random info

I've seen a lot of people posting the bulletins lately about random facts so I wanted to join in.  Hopefully I can be somewhat interesting!

- I drive to the gym each morning and most of the time I think of things I can write about on this but by the time I get to work it's either gone or I don't have time when I get here

- I have no imagination and hate playing pretend with children.  I'm very much a this is this and that is that.

- I'm pathetic in the sense that I follow all kinds of Hollywood type of gossip and check certain websites a few times a day.  I'm mostly intrigued about their lifestyle and wish I could be in their life with them for a month or so to get a small taste

- With that - I also love reality TV.  I'm not into the whole housewives and jersey shore crap though.  But Tori Spelling, Kendra - those types of people, I love watching

- I'd like to name my child a name with a 'K' if possible

- I cry at all kinds of shows on tv or books I'm reading.  undercover boss, lifetime movies, hallmark movies - bawling most of the time.  A new show is coming out about millionaires going undercover and then helping the poor people - that will be a cry fest

- I wish I had more money to help out people and get to know their stories like the shows portray.  One day hopefully I can do more to help!

- I have found a place I can volunteer! Unfortunately, it can't start until April because I can't leave in the daytime while it's tax season.  It's going to help families that can't afford food, it's a food pantry type of place. 

- the negative to the volunteer - I'm afraid I will see these people and they will have nicer clothes, cell phone, manicures, purses, whatever than I do and I will get angry they are getting handouts instead of budgeting their money better

- growing up - I always envisioned myself having a huge house that I fixed up, welcomed homeless people and helped them find jobs, teach them to manage their money and show them there is a different life.  I think that helps explain the accountant in me and the wanting to help people at the pantry!

- I have 2 wonderful sisters.  One lives states away :( The other lives close by and we were not friends up until a few years ago.  She's younger and still acts like she's in high school so it's a struggle to remember her immaturity level is still at an all-time high I feel like for her age but other than that I love living near her

- If I didn't leave Florida, I'd be making at least $10,000 more, not paying state taxes and only have 1 house to pay for.  Sometimes I don't think moving north was the smartest financial decision!

- Other times,  I am so happy I moved back up here and each day I truly try to enjoy the natural beauty of the northeast

That's it for now.  I may not be the most interesting or have an imagination but when it comes to emails or this type of thing - I feel like I go on and on and on :)

1 comment:

  1. I cry EVERY TIME the undercover millionaire commercial comes on. I'm pretty sure I'm going to be a mess when the show actually airs. You are not alone :)

    ReplyDelete