Friday, March 4, 2011

chasing a dog and burning lungs!

That would be my night last night.  I was driving and saw a woman kind of hobbling trying to chase her dog down a main road.  People were stopping and going slow but this dog just kept going.  I started to drive away but we made eye contact and she was crying so I couldnt just stop.  I pulled over, grabbed my dogs leash and starting sprinting.   I ran for probably a mile at a full on sprint.   Another car had helped out - the passenger was running in front of me.  This story could be dragged out but no time for that.  Needless to say after yelling at a woman for honking her horn because the light was green (woman we live in a small town - holy F so it takes you an extra minute to get home! She was older so I doubt she had young children, what you have to catch Oprah? Well it was a damn rerun so chill the eff out!  I yelled at her - oops).  Anyway a 3rd nice person somehow got the dog to jump in her car and the other couple offered to drive me back to my car.  Thank goodness because I think my chest was about to snap!

I coughed the entire night, this awful smokers cough and the pain in my chest was awful.  This morning it's better and there have only been a few coughing episodes but I'm still in pain.  I keep reminding myself that I helped rescue a dog!

1 comment:

  1. Where's the "Like" button on this thing?

    You deserve a ribbon for helping to rescue that dog (and the dog-owner's sanity too)!

    I guess that's what you've been training for at all those morning gym sessions.

    ReplyDelete