I feel like I haven't been so happy to see grass in I have no idea how long. When I moved to Florida I missed the snow. Last winter, my first winter back in the northeast, I couldnt wait for snow and we only got maybe 8 inches to a foot all winter (spread out over a few months = not a lot at one time). Well this year - mother nature has dumped feet, upon feet on us. I will admit, it was great for a while, it was fun - but it is time to go! I'm not saying it needs to be summer and 80 degrees just yet but days of at least 50 and nights that don't drop below 40 would be huge! (not to mention nice on my wallet since our oil needs to be filled soon :( so the warmer it gets the slower it goes down!)
Well, this past weeked we had lots of rain - I know that equals flooding, which isn't a good thing but the fact that the snow is melting is great news! Our front yard doesn't get much sun but we can almost see all of our front bushes! The mailbox, only half way up instead of over the top! Driving on the highway, it's almost all grass and no snow!
Knocking on wood - our basement is holding up. Thank you concrete Gods for watching out over ours! We had a leak in the fall in the garage we were able to patch up with that magic stuff that you mix with water. So far everything else is good. Hoping another month or so and things will dry up and we will be in the clear. Until then, fingers are crossed! (Still thankful the snow is leaving though!!)
No comments:
Post a Comment