Thursday, March 10, 2011

blood work

So yesterday they had me go in for blood work just to monitor what's going on and get a beta (i think) reading.  I call it beta, not sure but it's the number that shows up in your blood :)  So she called and I would most certainly bet it's not twins (fine by me, I would have embraced it but would prefer one baby at a time) but it's still debatable if it's sustainable or not.  My number was 70 - she said about 2 weeks after ovulation you should be around 100.  Since we don't know for sure when I ovulated (my personal calulations is I was 2 weeks 2 days post ovulation) we can't be certain.  I go back Monday to see if every things are still moving along like they are supposed too. 

Dave is a worry wart so he went online and researched the numbers (I would have done it if I was at a computer before he was) and based on what we read online I feel a little better that things are ok but it's still a worry.  I will just be glad to get to that 12 week mark! (Then something else will come along to worry about I'm sure though!)

Needless to say I'm not thrilled about tellling my parents tonight - only to get them all excited to knock them down if it doesn't work out but I know I'd want them to know if I did miscarry so at least this way they can be a little excited.  Plus I know Dave can't keep it to himself with his parents all weekend and I don't want them to slip or their feelings to be hurt they were told last or didn't find out from us.

2 comments:

  1. Please try not to worry! And I say this knowing how hard it is not too. Everyone's levels are different, and what's most important is that the numbers are increasing appropriately. One set of numbers isn't enough. I had so many betas done that my chart is about 3 inches thick (no exaggeration) and the lab tech who took my blood when I was in labor knew me by name! So trust me! Don't worry too much yet. Wait for that second number.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think positively, it has magical powers. Hoping all is well with the tests on Monday. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete