Monday, December 13, 2010

I'm going to be sore!

I'm not quite sure how to approach this - give background information on me, random things in my life or just write so I've decided to just write.  If anyone ever reads this and is interested in something I haven't explained, just ask away.  I'm a very open person in real life so I'm sure on here I will have no problems sharing anything!

With that, growing up I was a bit chubby.  I'm still not as skinny as I'd like to be but then again, what female really is.  I've always been active but I love eating!  I can't say that I specificially remember ever getting picked on for being chubby but it always just bothered me.  My junior year I stopped playing organized sports (I was decent but no star athelete) and started going to the gym and eating better.  I lost about 20lbs to put me at a healthy weight for my height and I was so proud of myself!  Then college came, and my weight fluctuated..mostly just the first few months of getting the hang of everything then I even out for the rest of it.  I moved to Florida and the weight fluctuated a bit again, maybe 10lbs or so, not a huge amount and then I evened it out.  Well last year around this time we moved back to the northeast from Florida, started new jobs, I was now a newlywed, living close to home and in the cold weather where you can't be outside as much and here I am.  Feeling frustrated with my weight.  I think I've gained about 6 lbs this last year, and I am disappointed in myself and feel icky about it.

Let me say this though - I refuse to live my life always worrying about my weight.  My thoughts are, I could pass on tomorrow and I would rather enjoy a bowl of ice cream than be 3 lbs lighter :)  But I also don't want to lose control and be unhappy.  I've been going to the gym religiously for about 4 years.  Everyday before work.   I was at a cheapy gym the last year, no classes and doing my own thing, which makes it easy to slack off.  My year membership was up so I've joined a 'real' gym and I am attending classes on top of my own workouts.  Let me just say, the class I took this am, wow I'm not sure I'll be walking tomorrow!  Or it's going to be the walk with a stick up your booty type of walk!  But I loved every minute and I can't wait to go back on Wednesday!  Even if I don't lose a pound, I'm just happy to feel better about myself!  I highly recommend exercising to relieve just about any stress, if only for a short time, it's worth it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment