Hubs and I have been trying since May to have a baby. I was on the pill for about 7 years and stopped in April. End of April was 'flo' time and starting May 2nd I was pill-free and seeing what happened. June and July things were pretty normal in terms of timing but then in July no 'flo'. Finally in August something came, September was semi-normal on timing and then skipped October. I called the Dr. just to ask if its something to be worried about or not. They asked us to come in to talk to the fertility consultant. She was very nice but said we have to do blood work and set up an appointment, which is this Friday. Luckily, my period came on day 62 and they didn't have to give me whatever they give to force it so I was able to go in and give blood. It was tested and almost everything came back normal. She said when I meet with the 'real' Dr. he will suggest more tests and probably start a fertility drug.
I am very anti medicine as the answer. I do think it is definitely needed in a lot of cases but I'm not sure right now is the time for me to have to worry about it. I feel like my body is still adjusting from taking the pill for all of those years and working out the kinks. I am going to go to my appointment and see what he says but I think at this point I'm going to wait a litlte longer. If the blood work came back showing something was wrong then I'd re-think my game plan. Since it came back normal, and if the dr doesnt tell me something new, I think I'm going to just give it more time. I am not at all against getting help to have a baby and will fully embrace it if I have too. I'm just hoping I don't have too!
Welcome to the blogosphere!!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the babymaking, it's definitely not as easy as people make it out to be.
Looking forward to following along with you!