Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Visitors are gone

So being the first weekend since January that I had both days off I was very much looking forward to Easter weekend.  Well, then my darling in-laws told us they were gracing us with their presence.  We all know how I feel about all of that - I will say again they are very, very nice people and to sit and socialize with them is actually enjoyable.  But some of the things they do and say makes me want to smack them in the head sometimes - not that I ever would.  Anyway they came in Friday afternoon.  I would have bet money they were telling us their darling daughter (cue the not like music) was expecting her 2nd child and wanted to tell us in person because of our miscarriage.  I yelled at hubs (still a tad emotional about it all) that he better find out if thats the case because if so, they better tell us before so I can deal with it in the privacy of my home by myself!   Fortunately, they didn't tell us that.  They were just visiting I guess.

Overall, it was one of the best trips with them.  I was the most upset because my good friend was having her daughters Baptism Sunday morning.  Well his mother can't be ready for 9am so for her to be read at 645 to be out the door was out of the question.  I know you don't actually know whos at the wedding/showers/baptisms but I still wanted to go to support them.  Needless to say that didn't happen. 

My FIL did the most darling thing and I have him to thank for allowing me to still be angry :)  I guess his son-in-laws father promised to pay x amount for their daughters wedding for the open bar with top shelf liquor.  I guess he backed out and my in laws go stuck with it.  I think it cost them $6000.  Granted not a small price but with the money he makes, I'm sorry you should be able to afford it and you should have gotten the money before signing the dotted line.  Well Friday night he says 'It is going to take me a lonnng, lonnggg time to forgive and forget what he pulled.  I'm not mean to him but we won't ever be friends.'   Thank you FIL!  My SIL and BIL are coming up to their 5th year anniversary and he's still mad.  Guess I have at least 3+ years I can continue to say how upset I am at them for never giving us the $5000 they promised. 

There was a 2nd incident that's not worth writing about.  It's too long and not a good affect but hubs spoke up about it and let it be known he was being a jerk.  The final instance, which really irks me.  My dog is my child - I don't have a human child and my pup is my buddy and follows me everywhere.  I made garbage candy (amazing for the record!) and it has chocolate on it.  FIL drops a piece and gives it to B (dog).  It was tiny and I figure I'll keep my mouth shut and just grab the next one.  He goes 'oh yea dogs can't have chocolate right?'   I said, in a nice joking tone, 'No, they can get sick and die.  I saw that piece but I figured I'd let you drop another one then tell you' and I smiled.  He goes in a stern voice "OH WELL, DEAL WITH IT."  Really??!!! Did you just say that about my dog!  How would you like it if I gave your darling grandchild poison!!?!!!  You woudn't!  Do you want me to just say deal with it when he's sick and dying??  Of course not so dont do that to me. 

Anyway they left - and hubs is happy to see them and since he is happy about it I am so I'm moving on.  That should be the last time I see them now until mid-summer so I can deal with a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment