Thursday, April 21, 2011

4 lbs down!

Thank goodness the weight is going in the right direction!  Who would have thought that not eating as much junk and working out 20-30 min more a day would do that ;).  I've never been one to shy away from saying just about anything out loud, weight, money, my opinion but lately I have not wanted to share my weight.  I was definitely that girl that said "I'm not saying" which used to annoy me when I was younger and people said that, along with their age.  I'm like who the heck cares, it's just weight or its just an age.  I decided that in staying true to my words, who cares!  I was a chubber in high school - my highest was 153 when I decided it was time to lose it.  I got down to 132 (the healthy way, exercising, not eating salami everyday and switching to turkey and cutting out the 8-9 double stuffed ore.os I'd have when I got home from school) by the end of my senior year.  Then it's college and the ups for a while then I got it back down.  Moved to FL - had some ups, got it back down to where it was supposed to be (in my opinion the 135 mark).   When I moved back to MA I weighed 137.  The end of the summer, I weighed 137.  Whatever in the world I did since then I have no idea (well I do, food, food and more food!  Then slacking at the gym, trying to get pregnant, thinking it was ok, being pregnant and now back again to just me).

So 2ish weeks ago I saw the scale at 151 and still swinging so it could have been 152 or 153. I have no idea but I wasn't ok with it.  I said enough of that.  Last Monday morning I started fresh (and did not pig out the day before).  I'm taking my food journal everywhere - yes it's gh.etto and on paper.  I don't have a fancy phone (don't want one) with an app and I look calories up online.  My goal was 6 lbs in the 2 weeks and 5 days I had until I went to Florida to get me to 145.  I figured this was a small goal - not saying I need to get to 137 because thats unrealitstic in 3 weeks and 2 lbs a week is realistic with some hard work.   Well this morning - that scale was at 147.5.  Thank you scale Gods!  If I'm careful this weekend I think I can get there by next week.  I'd like to be back to 137, so  my goal after this is to see if I can keep up the 2lbs until I go to DC in June.  Since I'm not 250lbs I'm not sure when my body will plateau without having to really bust some a** so for now I'm going to keep this up.

I know it's only 4 lbs but I can feel it.  My face especially, my pants are already a bit looser and I feel better about myself, finally!  5 more lbs and I'll be a whole new person ;)

1 comment: