I wanted to write this yesterday morning but I got tied up at work and it was beautiful outside (finally!) so I wasn't going online while I was home. But as the title says - day 2 of a 6 pound goal. Really - I'd like to lose 10 lbs (and need too). Ever since moving north it seems the weight just comes on faster and faster (actually ever since the fall which is even worse - I think I'm up 13 lbs since we'll say September - really??!!!). I've known for a while that I was gaining and was 'making an effort' to lose it. But I really wasn't. I didnt change my eating habits AT ALL and I didn't step up the exercising. Well thanks to my wonderful tenant breaking her lease early on the Florida house (another post for another day) I am making a trip down there in a few weeks. I now have a goal - a set timeline and a reason to want to lose the weight. I can't go back there looking like my whale self!
I figured if I write this down I will hold myself more accountable although I think I will be okay not doing it. But according to my age/size/weight I should be around 1212 calories a day for 'extreme weight loss.' So as long as I'm less than 1400 I'm not going to beat myself up about it and I bumped up the exercising intensity and last night while I watched Sister.Wives (yes I watch it) I was doing lunges and the side hip pull ups. I figure a pound-2 lbs a week is doable so I can do it! I know I'm going to do it because I was starving when I got home last night from work - normally I grab a cookie - I grabbed 5 carrot sticks instead! Go me!
No comments:
Post a Comment