Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Cranky midlife crisis man - trying to ruin my night

Last night I was walking my dog, as we do more often than not.  We are very conscious dog-owners because we know how frustrating it is when others let animals poop in your yard or bark constantly without taking it inside.  When we walk Brody, he's a dog, he's going to pee, but we try to avoid situations where he can pee on someones plants or stop and pull him away if he starts and we don't catch him.  Things like trees in a park or a fence post, I don't care but we do try to be polite of peoples things.  Fortunately, he's not a leash pooper (I hate dog-sitting those dogs that live in condos or townhouses and only poop on walks!).  Very rarely does he go while walking so I don't bring a bag.  I have had 1 time when we lived in Florida where I was a mile from home, he went, I walked home, got a bag and went back to pick it up.  It is my dog, I do not think anyone else should have to pick up after him.

Well last night, I'm alone and not paying attention and Brody stopped to pee I guess.  He sniffs a lot (hello, he is a dog!) while walking and he was in front, so as I passed him and got in front of him the leash was never tight.  I guess he did a quick 'sprits' and peed on one of those cable box thingy's that we all have near our houses.   Since the leash never got tight I didn't look to see and stop him.  All of a sudden I heard this very mean 'UM COULD YOU LET YOUR DOG GO TO THE BATHROOM IN YOUR OWN YARD FROM NOW ON!'   I'm like oh Sh*T did he just go poo in this guys yard.  Nope.  He peed, on a post, where every dog that's walked that street has peed and it wasn't even in his yard!  It was his neighbors.  (In his defense, he did keep his yard pretty nice so I can understand why he didn't want it 'ruined'.  I know it can cause yelllow spots but he's been in our yard for months and there are no yellow spots...only where he went in the winter, all winter long, the same spot because of all the snow and guess what, a little rain and it's taken care of).  

I am shocked and my face turns red, I get angry.  Not sure how to respond.  I had 3 thoughts go through my head I wanted to say.  They were 1. Wow, someones not getting any at home hey, have to take it out on some girl walking her dog down the street?  2. Could you shut your dogs up that are barking at me in your backyard because I don't want to listen to them and I'm on city property right now so it's my right?  3. Let me guess, your dogs don't pee while walking? You've trained them or do they wear a diaper?  Oh wait, that's right, you don't walk your dogs because you are fat as f**k so clearly you aren't walking.    Which one do you think I said?  None of them.   I said, Kara, why cause a scene, really piss this guy off and potentially make walking this area horrible.  So I said, I'm very sorry I did not realize he was peeing, I certainly would never let him poop in someones yard.   He gave me a pissed off look and said "YEA" and walked away.   The blood was boiling and boy was I angry. 

I know this is probably stemming from a lot of people walking their dogs and probably going poo in his yard and not picking it up.  I get that, I understand it but here I am, a trying-to-be good dog owner and I get yelled at!  Just another example so you don't think I'm one of 'those people' and I do care, the minute Brody starts barking, out we go and make him stop and in the house he comes if he does it again.  We don't want to be those neighbors.

No comments:

Post a Comment